Corporate & Non-Profit Business Organization
Eills Law advises entities on compliance, employment, formation, and governance matters, with particular expertise in the non-profit sector. We assess qualifications of entities for 501(c)(3) statutes and advise non-profits of necessary corporate policies, such as acceptance of gifts, whistleblower protection, and conflicts of interest, among others. Eills Law educates Boards of Trustees of their heightened duties in an era of increased transparency and works closely with organizations to further their missions.
- Counsel to non-profit health care entity in review of Internal Revenue Code 509(a)(3) supporting organization status and related issues concerning Type II requirements.
- Counsel to a prominent New Hampshire non-profit health care entity in acquisition of for-profit enterprise and resulting governance and employment law issues.
- Counsel to a New Hampshire non-profit facility in merger with a non-profit subsidiary and negotiations with New Hampshire Charitable Trust Division of Attorney General’s Office.
- Counsel to a non-profit health care facility in formation of for-profit subsidiary and resulting non-profit governance issues .
- Counsel to an independent physician practice group with respect to formation of independent professional limited liability company and related corporate entities.